Friday, July 1, 2011
Summer Camp
6-28-11
Today is our first day at the Oaks for summer camp! The kids look forward to this week all year long. We drive a couple hours north of LA and stay in cabins for the week. We were the first cabin to get checked in so we had a little free time to spend in the pool, which was a highlight for the girls.
6-29-11
Among the many activities, the kids get to go canoeing. This trip was my 4th time at the Oaks for summer camp and every year the girls choose to go canoeing. This summer was definitely the most organized, which I was thankful for. Also, the girls did a great job of paddling, which I was thankful for as well!
6-30-11
Happy birthday to me! Meredith wasn't able to be at camp for the first part of the week so Jessica was in the cabin with her kiddos. Mer came up today to relieve Jess (and to celebrate my birthday... ;) On her way up she picked up some donuts. We all got to take a little break away from the kids so we hiked up to the "Camp Grounds Coffee" shop for some refreshing drinks with our donuts. I usually end up spending my birthday at camp, but it was a lot of fun and I got to spend it with my best friends! Thanks, girls, for making is super special!
7-1-11
We made it to the last day of camp! The girls spent the morning hearing their last Bible message and singing camp songs for the last time. It was super encouraging to watch them jump around as they praised the Lord. The girls had a great time (and I did too) and they really learned a lot about their faith. I am thankful the students have the opportunity to get away from the city and experience God's wonderful creation!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment