Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Happy 4th

7-4-11

Happy 4th of July!  Today Mary and I celebrated with her sister and brother-in-law at their house in Ramona.  It was a fun day of splashing in the pool, eating lots of good food, meeting new friends, and celebrating our independence.  I know it sounds cheesy, but I really am so incredibly thankful for the freedoms we have as Americans.  I often tell my students about Christians in other countries who are not free to worship like we are.  They are shocked to hear about people who are imprisoned or killed for professing faith in Jesus.  I am so thankful we do not have to worry about that in the US!

(You may be wondering why this picture looks like we are sitting in the dark in mary's car...well we are...  All day I reminded myself that I needed to take a picture but, of course, I forgot...  So we took one in her car when we got home!  Haha!)

No comments:

Post a Comment