Sunday, March 20, 2011

LA Banquet and Karaoke

3-19-11

Today we had our annual LA Banquet.  The Banquet is an event that gives prospective supporters a chance to come have delicious food and hear about World Impact and the things that are going on with us.  It is a great day to connect with current supporters and make new connections for possible supporters.  Meredith led an amazing "dessert team!"  The 7 of us were in charge or organizing and serving all the desserts.  It was a fun, yummy day!


This evening Steph, Laura, and I met up with some friends to do Korean karaoke.  I had never done karaoke of any style (does RockBand count? ;) so I was a little hesitant and a lot excited!  We went to a karaoke place in Koreatown.  The karaoke in K-Town is different that what we are used to.  There was no bar and no audience of drunk people...  We had a room to ourselves, sort of like a studio, that we could use for how ever long we liked and could have up to 15 people.  It was a great night of meeting new people and singing some great songs!  I think my favorite was Morgan singing Beyonce's Irreplaceable... ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment