Wednesday, April 20, 2011

5 Miles




4-20-11

In the last few months I have started running as one way of exercise.  I never have thought of myself as a runner and I don't usually enjoy it.  But, I have found the more I run the easier it gets and the more I like it.  My running partner is training for a half marathon, so she/we are on a training schedule that has us running 3 miles Mondays and Fridays, and 4 or 5 miles on Wednesdays.  She then does a longer run on the weekends...I sit those ones out... ;)  Today was my first 5 mile-er!  We didn't go super fast and did a good job of pacing ourselves.  I felt good when it was over and I look forward to more runs like this one (which is surprising coming from someone who doesn't consider herself a runner... ;)  I'm not quite ready for a half marathon...at least not this year...

(PS...sorry for the sideways picture...It wouldn't rotate!)

No comments:

Post a Comment