Tuesday, January 4, 2011
Heat!!!
Aren't blog pictures supposed to be pretty and creative and artistic?! Well, this one is not... But, it is of something I am extremely thankful for...HEAT in my classroom! My school is in a pretty old building so there was no heat or air conditioning. At the beginning of each school year we would be sweating away in our classrooms as A/C people tried fixing the air. It would get fixed and work for while but for whatever reason it would quit working and we were back to sweating. In the winter, we are cold! Now, many of you (especially the mid-westerners) know cold...real cold... Here in SoCal we don't really know cold. Cold to us is 50 degrees. But, everywhere I go I am cold. My house is old and poorly insulated and my school was the same. Well, that has changed! Our school recently had the heat and A/C system overhauled and we now have heat in the winter and A/C in the summer. I am beyond thankful that I can leave my 55 degree house in the morning and come to my classroom and thaw out. I begin to regain feeling in my toes and fingertips and I feel my muscles begin to relax. Yes, I am being a little dramatic but what can I say...I don't like being cold! Can I get an "Amen!" from my fellow World Impacters?! Thank you heater for making my school day more enjoyable!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Amen! ;)
ReplyDelete